Saint Cloud, Florida

While setting up service for a heating/ac system that wasn't working, the rep told me AHS would only pay $10 per pound of refrigerant, should it prove necessary. The actual cost?

$75 per pound after the AHS payment. I paid and the system is working, thanks to a very good tech, but the episode sent me scurrying back to our policy, since I'd received notice from AHS it was renewal time. Their exclusions make it clear they don't intend to spend much on anyone. The many "sponsored" review sites don't publish negative reviews, and some reviews are grayed out.

When AHS responds, it's to say they are grateful for the review and will look into the circumstances.

Since their exclusions cover most of the things that can really go wrong, I concluded AHS wants to bill me $1500 to be self-insured. I read many reviews from people who had much worse experiences.

This is not an insurance company under any common understanding of the term -- pooled risk protection against major problems.

I don't think so.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments