Water heat broke and leaked into basement.Customer service stated that as long as you were contacted by the "authorized plumber within 48 hours there is nothing we can do".

Plumber said he could not come for 3 days, but they said as long as you are contacted you service agreement starts, I asked them how long to replace or fix water heater and they said 4-5 days. We have to authorize a new one. The corporate office review team told me to boil water for a shower. They never fixed my issue, The company is a joke and they will be contacted by the better business bureau for "scamming cutomers into buying their services".

They do not fix things in a timely manner.Do not use this scamming company.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $900. This person is overall dissatisfied with American Home Shield. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Home Shield.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare American Home Shield to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

bs

better business bureau straw dog

I used to have AHS & dropped them.I had a chronic problem with my air conditioning & the service company they used came out many times.

The problem never got fixed. It was always the same...Either it was my fault (for allowing fire ants to crawl into the outdoor unit... Hello! We live in Mississippi, the fire ant capital of the world); or the owner/repairman 'fixed' the system just well enough that it lasted 31 days and then, went out again.

Of course, the work was warranted only 30 days. After 4-5 times & 4-5 deductibles, I finally said, "No thank you very much!" A few months later, my NEW air system guy told me that the AHS guy had gone to prison!!! For MURDER!!!

Yikes!He was in my living room!