Refrigerator and freezer unit stopped getting cold.AHS dispatched Sears out to repair it, They ordered parts totaling over $500.00.

Time totaling 10 days. the unit worked 4 days. Called AHS again, they dispatched Sears again, they ordered parts again, total time 10 more days. The unit worked 2 days.

Called AHS again. New tech was out from Sears to take a look , they ordered parts as well they will be back in 8 days. Total amount of money being spent will be well over $1,900.00 dollars. I will not be renewing this policy.

I will not recommend this company to anyone.The Inconvenience they caused me and my family is totally unexceptable.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

Monument, Colorado, United States #672821

I am in almost exactly the same situation right now with a fridge that stopped working.I called AHS, they dispatched Sears Home Services who came out within a day and diagnosed the problem, ordered parts, and set up a time to come back and finish the repair.

Sears did not show up for the appointment but instead sent me an automated call to reschedule saying they didn't have enough techs and couldn't come back till Saturday. they came back Saturday, installed some parts for 3 hrs. and insisted my fridge would work like new. Its Monday and my fridge still doesnt work.

I called Sears back and they were indifferent at best and said the soonest they could come out would be NEXT Saturday! Keep in mind my family of 7 has been living out of coolers for 2 weeks.

I called AHS and told them what happened and they immediately got me hooked up with another local company who will have a tech out within 24hrs.

As I read alot of the complaints about AHS, i cant help but think the problem with AHS is only that they use Sears for repairs.NO SEARS.....NO PROBLEMS!

If A.H.S. does not respond to your request, then your next step is to go over their head, and contact their parent company at www.servicemaster.com