Service Scheduling

Horrible two yrs with AHS. Disreputable service providers who created more harm and damage and never fixed the original problem on my mircowave. They didn't even know how to remove two little wall mount screws to get it off the wall, so we had to remove it before they would come back to fix it. It took three weeks to get the part and come back to fix it. In trying to replace the part he broke the handle and cracked the door a then left quickly before I could notice. Within two or three uses after that it sparked out and blackened everything. It shorted out the electricity to one whole wall of my kitchen. ACH said it was my fault because I had an exisitng electrical problem. They wouldn't do anything after that.

For a leak in my shower to took five visits over four months and two service visit charges and it still was leaking. Complained to AHS and they did nothing. My husband ended up fixing it and it hasn't leaked for six months now.

AC problem was the most costly. Before I got the AHS contract I called and talked to a contract specialist to make sure that they covered repairs on an old united called a Freius. I had been told by my repair man that they no longer make it and you cannot get replacement parts. AHS said yes that they DO have replacement and repairs on the Freius. So I signed up. When unit needed repairs I was told that they would not cover it because it had not been maintained properly because the last repairman had to use non-Freius parts. I asked if they could just get the Freius parts and I would pay for the repairs. I was then told that there are no longer replacement parts made for the Freius. They told me it would cost $4,000 for a new AC unit. I called around and found the same unit for $2,500 and called to let them know I had found a lower price. They said they would match the price and give me a ten yr warranty. When they replaced the unit and I read the contract, it said that they unit only had a five yr warranty. When I brought that to their attention over the course of five phone calls, I was finally given a six month supply of air filters which took me six months and three more calls to receive and when they were delivered they were the wrong size.

So in July I called to say that I wanted to cancel and NOT renew my contract coming up in October. But in October the monthly payment was taken out of my account. I called again and told them I wanted it canceled and my payment refunded. They said someone would call me back in 24 hours. Two weeks later after no return call I called again and asked for a third time to have my contract renewal canceled. I was told that my other attempts were noted in the computer and he would make sure I received reversed charges on my account. Now in November the payment was again automatically taken out of my account.

I will try calling Action News at my local news station to see if they w ill assist me in getting my money back.

This reviewer shared experience about "horrible service, damages, not canceling and continuing to take money out of my account." and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $4000. This person is overall dissatisfied with American Home Shield. The most disappointing about repair at American Home Shield was false information given, did not follow through on numerous requests for cancelation and poor service providers Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Home Shield.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare American Home Shield to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments