1.4
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I experienced the worst service from American Home Shield for our Gas Furnace (forced air).

Our gas furnace(especially air motor was not working) was not working from 2/26/2016.

I requested a service to American Home Shield on 2/27/2016 and they dispatched their contractor (Eastern Air Control) to our home on 2/29/2016.

The contractor inspected our gas furnace and they said “The power air motor is broken, we will order the motor and it will be taken around 7 working days to purchase the motor”.

After one week (from their determination), I made a call to the contractor (Eastern Air Control) to check if they ordered the part and the part was being delivered.

However, the representative of the contractor didn’t check the order status at all and said “What all you can do is just waiting for our call. Once the part is delivered, We will make a call to you to setup the installation schedule”.

Our family moved and stayed at hotel for one week because the weather was pretty cold.

After about 10 days (from their determination), I tried to reach to the contractor (Eastern Air Control) but they didn’t receive at all.

I made a call to American Home Shield directly. The representative of AHS checked the part delivery status with the contractor (Eastern Air Control) and said “The part is a very special part(OEM part), so it will be taken normally 2 weeks”.

After about 15 days (from their determination), I made a call to the contractor (Eastern Air Control).

The representative of the contractor said “We don’t know when the part will be delivered. What all you can do is just waiting our call”.

I also made a call to AHS to check the part delivery schedule, the representative of AHS tried to reach to the contractor to check the schedule but the contractor didn’t received the call. The representative said “I’ll check the status with the contractor and call back to you”. However, there was no call back from AHS for several days.

After about 20 days (from their determination), I decided to call another technician to show our gas furnace with my own expense.

The technical determined and found that the problem was on the control circuit of power motor rather than the motor itself.

He purchased a new control circuit in local store (at West Caldwell, our neighborhood) and replaced the circuit.

After replacement the part, our gas furnace was working perfectly. He repaired the furnace within 2.5 hours.

The contractor (Eastern Air Control) wrongly determined and ordered wrong part.

Even worth, the wrong part was still not delivered for 20 days.

Right after the repair by my own expense, I made a call to the contractor (Eastern Air Control) and I explain the situation.

“Your determination was wrong and you ordered wrong part. I called my own technician and he repaired the gas furnace within 2.5 hours.

The problem was on the control circuit rather than the power air motor itself. You need to cancel your order of the wrong part. I’ll contact to AHS and ask them cash out for the repair.”

I also made a call to AHS and explained same situation to them. I asked them cash out for the repair.

The representative of AHS tried to reach to the contractor (Eastern Air Control) to check the status from them.

But she couldn’t reach to the contractor. She said “I received your request for the cash out. I’ll check the status with Eastern Air Control then I’ll call back to you”.

Next day, I made a call to AHS again to check the status and the amount of cash out.

The representative of AHS checked the status with Eastern Air Control and she said “A diagnose is needed before cash out, after diagnose, a department will call back to you to let you know the amount.”

Next day, I made a call to AHS again, the representative tried to reach to Eastern Air Control but the contractor didn’t received the call.

She said “We need a diagnose from Eastern Air Control. The diagnose is not done. Once completed, a department will call back to you for the amount of cash out.”

After about 45 days (from their determination), I got a call from Eastern Air Control.

She said “Your part was delivered. We need to setup a schedule for installation. How about this Friday?”

I explained the same situation again (Your determination was wrong, you ordered wrong part. I called my own technician and he repaired the furnace. I asked cash out to AHS).

After my explanation, she and her manager said to me “You need to call to AHS for the cash out”.

What a those?

I already explained to the contractor (Eastern Air Control), and I asked cash out to AHS several times.

But they didn’t manage the case properly.

Let’s assume that, if I didn’t call my own technician.

The contractor (Eastern Air Control) will visit our home after 45 days from their determination with wrong part.

After replacement of wrong part, they will recognize their mistake (wrong determination and wrong part order).

They will spend another 45 days to order a new part, if their second determination is correct, They can repair the furnace for 90 days.

I already forgave the contractor (Eastern Air Control), however, I’ll never work with them again.

I want to figure out the situation with one of solution below.

1. Deliver the power motor to me

- I’ll keep the power motor for the future.

- I’ll replace the power motor with my own expense if it’s broken in the future.

2. Cash out

- I want to get cash out for the repair.

Here is my information

- Name: Jinki Lee

- Address: 9 Russell Ct. Montville, NJ, 07045

- Email: paiton92@gmail.com

- Mobile: 949-735-1010

- Account number on American Home Shield: 168003942

- Service Request Number (Reference #): 353442392

- Requested date: 2/27/2016

- Appliance: Gas Furnace (Forced Air)

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $750. This person is overall dissatisfied with American Home Shield. The most disappointing about eastern air control furnance repair at American Home Shield was worst of worst Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Home Shield.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare American Home Shield to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments