84 views

I requested AC service on May 19th and the contractor came around 25th but said they needed to speak with AHS to determine what and how the work can be done. Since then I’ve been waiting, calling and texting to get an update.

AHS did send me a letter 2 weeks later stating that the access needed to repair the AC won’t be covered. Well, I didn't want to argue, all I want is to get my AC fixed asap, even it will be out-of-pocket. I passed this info to both AHS and contractor and was told that they will work on it to get me a ballpark cost and timeline. Another week past by and I found out that the contractor has been lying all this time.

They were supposed to meet with the HOA but never showed up and they twisted the story saying that they couldn't get a hold of the HOA to get an instruction as to where to mount the replacement freon line. HOA confirmed that they have been waiting for the contractor to come in but as of today, no one showed up. Well, it’s June 14th, almost an entire month without AC and my folks are seniors who have various types of health issues. AHS failed their customers big time for assigning such a dishonest contractor and failed to offer any solutions.

I paid the service call fee for nothing but wasted one month without AC. You can’t live in Texas in the summer without AC in your house, I'm calling someone else for service and canceling my plan with AHS.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments