Verified Reviewer

1.4

Update by user Aug 01, 2021

I had two claims with them. One of them related to garbage disposer was never fixed.

Their contractor came within few days and went away without telling any cause except disposer needs to be changed. I made a dozen calls directly but they closed the case without even knowing the reason. Then I reopened the case and complained via BBB where they replied that 4 weeks after initial visit, the technician told them that there was glass stuck in disposer. So they declined the claim and I had to put up with stinking clogged sink for 4 weeks.

Hired private plumber who opened disposer and found a small piece of 5 MM screw in disposer.So I was duped and charged the $75 service fees for no reason.The oven exhaust claim was also closed and no reason provided. This is a total rip off company and I have no idea from where they are getting all the stars on their website which they claim.I am the real customer who just started their contract and the first 2 claims i filed, both closed unfixed after dozen of calls from me and promises from their customer service.

Original review posted by user Jul 02, 2021

I got duped by lots of fake articles on their goodness and also the stars on website. But they are the worst.

Have opened 2 requests for my cook top and garbage disposal in mid -June. It is already 2 weeks since then and even after dozen calls from me, only diagnosis is complete without any repair/replacement.

I have opened up BBB complaint for both. May need legal action if need be.

User's recommendation: DO NOT get this insurance - Warning from recent customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Untimely, No proper follow up, Bad choice of vendors, Worst than other warranty providers in all respects, Bad response from contractor, No interest in the customer or you, Unethical people.

Comments