1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My air conditioner went out on June 21st I called American Home Shield on Friday around 9:30 and voice my complaint and ask them if they would send a representative out they told me they would make it work order and someone will contact me within the next 24 to 48 hours being that it's almost a hundred degrees in Alabama I needed to Services expedited over the weekend I have asthma and I have three dogs and it's a hundred degrees in my house they told me that in Alabama census 90 degrees and it'll be 70 degrees at night that Expediting was not an option that was my fifth tone they didn't tell me they will do a work order and someone will call me within an hour that was at 10 this morning and it's 7:27 now no one call me hi woodard's anybody not to ever use American Home Shield they have people to talk to you that done don't understand English don't understand what you're saying should not even be on the phone you ask to speak to someone in charge they won't they refuse to do that you don't even know who to contact to voice a complaint you have to send an email or a letter with no response no apology or anything so what I'm going to do tomorrow I'm canceling this mess and I'm going with another warranty my air conditioner is still not fixed and it seems like they don't care nothing but about getting your money or anybody do not use American Home Shield please don't

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

American Home Shield Cons: Long wait time for technician appointment.

Comments

Home warranties are not built for speed in an emergency. They are built for cheap or broke people who would rather sacrifice timely service, in exchange for low budget service.

Low budget and high speed are not possible in one package. If it’s an emergency and your comfort is at stake, forget the home warranty—any of them. Once you get an appointment and the tech comes out, your problems are just beginning. The first thing they do is look for a basis for denial.

They can’t discuss anything with you. They can’t leave paperwork spelling out a diagnosis. They can’t even tell you when or if they’ll be back to fix it. The hvac service company gets penalized for every dollar spent and receives less work if they charge Ahs anything above the service fee.

They end up doing every thing for free in order to get more Ahs calls. Their motivation is not to do the work because they don’t get paid more than $200 per claim. They string out the repairs as long as possible because they need more calls to offset the losses.

They barely stay afloat financially and Ahs threatens them every month about average cost per claim. It’s a gigantic scam and you are merely a dispatch number.