Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1.3

Had an awful experience with AHS. Had a CO leak in the house found in the end of 4/2016 due to a cracked heat exchange per the technician that AHS sent to my house.

Thought they would replace the part since it was visibly broken after a few months of winter. I was wrong. I had my home inspected prior to move in in 2/2016 and had a clean, strong furnace. However, AHS told me that my heater could not have broke due to "normal wear and tear" and that it couldn't have happened from the time I bought the warranty which was almost 3 month ago.

I thought the reason you bought a warranty was to have some assurance when things break... I was wrong! Apparently, AHS doesn't hold up their end of the bargain. I bought the warranty effective in February and put in my first claim at the end of April and apparently my heater could not have broke during that time...

even though we've had snow here in PA up until the first week in April and my heater has been on consistently for the past 3 months. Pretty crazy. Will NEVER recommend this company and will definitely not renew my contract. What a joke!

Customer service in the appeals department has been horrible- what attitude... Please do not explain my denial by reading off of a piece of paper the diagnosis of my heater, I know what the diagnosis is, I was there when the technician diagnosed it- I want to know WHY it was denied by AHS, if it wasn't normal wear and tear then what is normal wear and tear?

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Heater Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Cant speak with manager, Deny coverage.

Comments