1.3
Service Scheduling

Update by user Nov 05, 2015

The contractor finally received the water heater and installed the unit on 11/4/2015 with no problem on his part.In fact his comment was  professional, I have never experienced such a mess-up as this, ever!

I also hate to tell you this but I have to charge you $46 to dispose of the water heater! I also have to charge you $250 for an installation of an expansion tank!

Well, AHS, you have heard and seen the last of any money from me but, there is the damage you caused by not taking care of the problem.We will see what justice there is in your board room when it comes to honoring a service contract.

Original review posted by user Nov 03, 2015

11/3/2015

Update on a service call to replace a broken leaking water heater as per my contract. This is the third (3) week of waiting with no water heater and no concern from AHS to solve a very critical situation that CONTINUES TO DAMAGE MY HOME BY THE INABILITY OF AHS TO HAVE A WATER DELIVERED SO THE CONTRACTOR CAN INSTALL IT. I NOW HAVE BLACK MOLD AROUND THE WALLS, MY CARPET IS RUINED AND NEEDS REPLACMENT, AND HE WALLS NEED TO BE LOPENED TO CHECK FOR MOLD.

I have called AHS a total of 10 times and get a variety of answers that started with saying the heater will be delivered in 2 days. The last call said it would be delivered on Monday 11/02/2015 and then the latest call to contractor it is 11/03/2015. No water heater as of 12:00PM.

I have never received a phone call, an email, or written letter telling me anything as well as the absence of communication to the contractor.

WHAT DOES THE CUSTOMER HAVE AS A METHOD FOR ACTION. I CAN GO TO LOWES, HOME DEDPOT, HARDING PLUMBING, AND LOCAL SUPPLY HOUSE AND GET ONE IMMEDIATELY. The problem here is that I have PAID AHS to take care of this problem per their contract for service.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $3500. deaconrich is overall dissatisfied with American Home Shield. The most disappointing about american home shield customer care at American Home Shield was no real commitment to customer Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Home Shield.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare American Home Shield to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

I feel your pain. I too have a busted water heater and after I paid someone to come out to my house to tell me it was, in fact, needing to be replaced, I was then told it wouldn't be installed for a week. I am hiring someone else to do the job and I will not continue to do business with AHS.