I called for AC service on a Saturday in North Texas (HOT) and was put in touch with a company who said they couldn't come out until Tuesday (4 days). I called AHS back. They said they would find someone to come sooner. On Monday, due to no call back, I called AHS again (another 25 minute wait time recording still plays in my head). They said the original contractor was cancelled and now they will find someone else. So then I get a call from the original company to do the visit on Tuesday.

Took 1/2 day off

The noise coming from my AC is a compressor going bad (I knew that being a ex chief engineer from a major international Hotel chain). Then the tech says AHS won't cover the compressor until it actually quits.

Trying to explain to AHS that the compressor is going bad and they can replace it now or replace it later the only difference being the truly pissed of customer if the latter.

Come on AHS, your phone system is truly lacking, your follow-up is not typical (I have used you before) and in this case you dropped the ball.

It is going to be well over 100 degrees all week and PLEASE FIX MY AC so I don't get stuck in a blazing hot house and loose my cool (pun intended)

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Comments