1.6
Service Scheduling

I've had American Home Shield for about 15 years.Most of the time I've had satisfactory results as long as it is a small repair ie an appliance like a clothes dryer, dishwasher, oven or garage door opener.

Any large repair like central AC or water heater you need to prepare to be taken to the bank. I had a water heater that went out and AHS says they will pay for replacement, installation (labor) and removal of the old system but what happens in reality is they pay for replacement and removal. When installing a water heater all of the connections that need to be made are considered "modifications". Modifications are not covered by your home warranty.

These connections / modifications will likely cost you about $300 to $600 out of pocket depending on how bad the plumbing contractor decides to rip off. I my case I will be paying $581 dollars out of pocket. I've called a few local companies for budgetary quotes for replacement and installation and I got a price range of $1,000 to $1,600.

So the for this one large item saved me $400 to $1,000 or cost me $581 that I wasn't expecting to have to pay.All depends on how you want to look at it.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to "deal honestly. if the warranty only covers a contractor dropping off a new unit and hauling off the old one then that is what the contract should say instead of purposely give the false impression that installation and labor is covered" as the author lost $581. The author is overall dissatisfied with American Home Shield. The most disappointing about american home shield warranty from American Home Shield was difficult to deal with Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about American Home Shield.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Household Services category for more informed decision or compare American Home Shield to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments