Manteca, California

On November 16, I submitted my first incident report for service with regards to my hot water heater. I submitted an online service request due to my water heater leaking. In doing so, I neglected to notate (don’t remember there being a field to note it actually) that there was standing water on my garage floor when I submitted the request. I was contacted by RC plumbing and arranged an appointment for Friday, November 20 between 4-6pm (this was their first available). The technician arrived on Friday at 6pm, evaluated the water heater and advised me that it was indeed leaking and needed to be replaced. He stated that the first opportunity for him to replace it would be Wednesday, November 25, but suggested that I contact your office to have the service request switched to another contractor who may be able to perform the service faster (again due to the standing water). I immediately contacted your customer service line to request this action, but was advised that until the technician contacted them with his diagnosis, I was unable to take any action. I received a call from Amanda in your Authorizations department to advise me of the replacement approval, at which time I advised them that I wanted the service request transferred to another contractor. Amanda advised me that that was not possible because the replacement water heater had already been ordered for RC Plumbing. I then contacted your Customer Service Department and asked for a list of contractors in my area that your company has contracts with and was given a list of 5 companies. I then started contacting those contractors via social media and email to see if they could replace the water heater prior to Wednesday. I found a company who could do the replacement on Saturday, November 21 and another who could do it on Monday, November 23, and both advised me to contact AHS and have the service request transferred to their company. I called your Customer Service Department back and was advised by Chris Henke (your TN call center) that the water heater had been ordered, so they could not transfer the service request to another contractor. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was advised that there were no supervisors on site and he would have someone call me back. Not feeling valued by your company, I submitted customer feedback forms, Facebook messages and posts to your account, in hopes of having someone address this issue for me.

On Saturday, November 21, I received a call at 7:52amfrom a gentleman (I do not recall his name), who I advise the entire situation back to. He stated that he was going to contact RC Plumbing to determine if they could do the install sooner and call me back. He never did. I then received a call at 7:55am from LaShawn, who stated she was a supervisor following up on my request to Chris. I explained the situation to her, including that I have standing water in my garage which is causing additional damage. She advised me that she was going to call RC Plumbing to determine their assessment and replacement and she would call me back (she never did). I called your Customer Service Department again at 1:41pm and spoke to Debora, who stated that she would send a note to LaShawn for follow up (again no call). At 5:30PM, I called Customer Service again and spoke to Melody Boyd at your Memphis facility. I again explained the entire situation to her and advised her that there was standing water in my garage. She contacted RC Plumbing and left a message. She was going to contact me when he returned her call (she never called).

On Monday, November 23, I once again called the Customer Service Department and spoke to three different people, ending with Melissa who is a supervisor. She advised me that the water heater was ordered this morning and therefore, the request could not be transferred. Odd, since that was the reason why it could not be transferred on Friday, yet it was not actually ordered until Monday. Beyond frustrated at this point, I contacted your CEO Affairs line and spoke to Denise. I explained the situation again and was told that she would look into it. I received a call back from here advising me that the service request was being transferred to Premier Plumbing and they would install it today. I rushed home from work and was advised by the Premier technician that he would request the new water heater, however due to the lateness of the request that they could not install it until tomorrow. Apparently, the water heater ordered for RC plumbing and delivered to Sliky Brothers in Modesto had to be cancelled by AHS, so another water heater could be ordered for Premier Plumbing and delivered to Slinky Brothers in Modesto. Even though Denise authorized Premier to purchase the water heater anywhere, their company does not purchase equipment for AHS and follows your procurement process. They have scheduled the install for Tuesday, November 24. However, I was advised that I will need to pay $275 out of pocket for modifications and your service fee which are not covered by my plan. I was not given this information by the first contractor to perform the evaluation on Friday and find it odd that I have the best coverage possible, but still have additional out of pocket expenses.

American Home Shield Pros: Corporate affiars.

American Home Shield Cons: Bad customer care, Procurement process.

Comments