86 views
2.8

As a 16 year customer of AHS, when I had a water heater leak I contacted them on a Thursday afternoon.

They told me I would be contacted by a plumbing vendor within a short time. I was contacted by J&C plumbing the next day for an appointment the following Monday morning.

After a 5 minute evaluation,(maybe 5 min), I was told it did indeed need to be replaced and I would be contacted by his office that afternoon and the job could be done the following day. This came and went. Not until I contacted AHS myself the following afternoon did I have any communication from anyone. I was then told, good news, the water heater is covered minus the $106.00 deductible.

I was then told that there were uncovered modifications necessary.

These were replacement gas line, flu, relief valve, bonding and old unit takeaway. These modifications totaled $750.00 extra.

I tried to find the reason for these "modifications" but was told by J&C that they were necessary and non-negotiable. After 2 more estimates and the actual work done, No contractor mentioned or charged for ANY :modifications" AHS agreed to pay me for a water heater only, half of my total expense. Although I submitted all bills, I received just the cost of a water heater not installed. I was told this is what they would pay J&C for the entire job. BULL *** These people are cold as ice and some of their vendors should be lambasted for needless up charging.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Store Location: 160 N Gulph Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406, USA