Here is the letter I sent. Sums up everything:

To Whom It May Concern:

We are very disappointed with AHS's lack of response to our plumbing emergency that occurred at 5:45p.m. on Wednesday, 2/24/2010. Since our house was being flooded, I placed a call for service, was given a number to a plumbing service that was closed, called back asking for a plumber to come out immediately (due to the flooding) and was told to give AHS 2 hours to locate one even after I offered to find one in the area myself. Two hours came and went with no follow-up from AHS. Due to the fact that we had a flooding situation that needed to be taken care of immediately, we took care of the situation ourselves.

Long after the flooding situation had been remedied by the homeowners, 9 hours to be exact, at 7:31 a.m. the following morning we received a call by a plumber trying to make arrangements for an appointment that afternoon between 1:00p.m. and 5:00p.m. (yet another 6 hours later). Unacceptable.

I explained on the date of the incident that the water was spurting out into the air and onto the floor and that I had temporarily rigged it so it would not continue flooding our home, but feared the rig would not hold. I further explained that we were unable to shut off the water since the tube had not been repaired the last time AHS sent somebody out.

As a result, I called today to cancel our contract since things were not handled and our home now has damage. The associate stated we could submit our plumber invoice to be evaluated for possible reimbursement. To be frank, it is not worth my time to deal with AHS any longer. So, what I am asking is that in lieu of reimbursement for plumbing charges accrued on 2/24/2010, you reimburse us for the current monthly deduction that was withdrawn on 2/24/2010 in the amount of $49.67, since we are no longer needing your services, and for the parts that were purchased to fix the problem ($19.00).

It is a shame that this situation was left unaddressed and that AHS has left us no choice other than to cancel our account. After being loyal customers since the purchase of our home in 2006, we had expected much more.

Review about: Plumbing Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

American Homeshield sent a plumber out several times to fix a leak on my hot water pipe under the house.The plumber used “duck tape” to repair the pipe.

Needless to say, the duck tape didn’t fix the leak. However, Mostly all of our walls cracked and our floors buckled causing costly damages to our home. Our children were sick from mold and my family had to go without hot water in very cold weather. We are suing American Homeshield and the plumber for the damages to our home, health, and living conditions.

While American Homeshield tries their best to get out of being responsible for the damages, they also sent us a letter saying that they are not renewing our contract. Oouuuch! Talk about insult to injury. If you are or used to be a customer or contractor I will be very grateful if I can get a statement from you sent to my email bpsashington@bellsouth.net.

Or call me (251)232-5106. I am especially interested in hearing from any contactors and former American Homeshield employees that can vouch for American Homeshield’s encouragement to make cheap repairs that only puts a temporary band-aid on the problem and their deceptiveness with denying claims that should be covered. Customers that share horror stories like mine and ended up with damage to their homes, I’d love to hear from you as well.

I am not looking for anyone to testify in court, only a true statement.I will also be willing to give my statement to anyone who needs it.