Today I called to schedule service only to find out once again I can’t use my warranty.I need someone who can come on a Saturday so I don’t have to miss work.

The Service Contractor didn’t work Saturday’s and it was part of their contract with American Home Shield. When I said I would need to find someone else who could work Saturday’s the lady for the Service Contractor kind of laughed and basically said I didn't have a choice in who did the repair because of their contract. So I called America Home Shield who at first was willing to work with me and then found out it was part of the contract that I the work had to be done with that Service Contractor and the work had to be done Mon-Fri. America Home Shield then proceeded to tell me the customer it wouldn’t be fair to the Service Contractor to get someone who could work a Saturday and it only be fair if I was accommodating.

#1 I don’t have PTO time yet at my job, #2 I don't have a neighbor that can help me out and #3 I have 2 dogs that I can't leave outside all day so the Service Contractor can send a stranger into my home when I am not there.

When I asked how it was fair to me the customer to have paid for a Home Warranty but have to also take an unpaid day off and pay the deductible?American Home Shield was not only unsympathetic but still thought I was the one being unfair.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of american home shield warranty from American Home Shield. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants American Home Shield to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was not being able to have saturday service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Home Shield for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments