123 views

Mar 1, 2018, Had water coming out beneath my stairs into living room and hallway. I immediately shut the water off, then began opening up the wall to find out were the leak was from.

Well it was a slab leak and I could not repair it since I could not get to the pipe. I called American Home Shield and was transferred to their automated system since they were receiving a high volume of calls. The automated system did not help me at all so I went online to their website and initiated request for service, they recommended a local company and in their text they said the company would be calling me within 24 business hours. So the plumbing company calls and states they will not be able to come out until Wednesday next week, so i am suppose to wait six days with out water?

I refused their service and said that will not work. Called another local plumber and they were at my residence within two hrs. So i called Home Shield and they put me on their automated system again, so i decided I wanted to chat with someone on their website, hit the chat button seventeen times and no answer. Monday night I finally reached a live person and told them I contacted a plumber since I could not wait for six days.

They said I was not authorized to call my own plumber and they would not cover the expense. I asked them what was i suppose to do, wait six days for there prefered plumber to come out, i told them I tried several times to contact a real live service reprensentative and never could.

So I told them to cancel my contract after the service lady said it was not their fault that I could not get in touch with someone, even tho she admitted they are having problems with customers and are hiring more people. Never Will i purchase anything with this company again!

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Store Location: 95643, 73694 Mecca Ave, Mecca, CA 92254, USA