Sorrento, Florida
1.4
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

My home warranty, (with American Home Shield) that expires on 7/31/19, was part of my home purchase. I have not used this warranty at all this year until I had an A/C problem on Wednesday afternoon, July 10, 2019.

I reported this issue online and received the automated email replies that I would get a service schedule from Total Air Care. I did hear from Total Air Care around noon on Thursday, July 11th with a schedule time of 10am - 2pm on Friday, July 12th.

Here is where the start of my pro experience started and why I have decided to NOT continue with a home warranty, due to the LACK of Value. First the female that called be to schedule the appointment was walking the line of rude for sure. Her tone was VERY cold, she showed zero empathy or concern to my issue even when I was only trying to make sure she had the information about my A/C not working.Then when the service tech called me, which they stated would have 10-20 minutes prior to his arrival - He was sitting in front of my house which I was not at since it was 95 degrees and I had not A/C.

This meant that I must jump and run to I could let him in and get started. After he checked the outside unite he stated it was low on freon and he would add it….BUT WAIT: the warranty only covers $10 per pound and the freon cost is $55. Since he had to add 3 lbs my cost for this was now $135.00. Although I told the technician MANY times that this had not fixed the problem he continued to tell me that it did.

I know that freon does not just disappear, there had to be a leak and he seem to act like I did not know what I was talking about. His exact words where……”The freon pressure is like blood pressure and when it is right (like it is now) the heart or AC unit is all good”. But I knew this was only a bandaid, which just cost me a total of $210.00.Now, Just 48 hours later - I am having to file another report and wait for someone to call (who is not very nice) to set up an appointment for DAYS later. I did get the call to schedule on Monday, July 15th with a service call of Wednesday, July 17th between 2-6 pm, which would leave me with out AC for a period of 4 more days (Sunday-Wednesday) due to the lack of follow through and taking care of the issue on the first visit.

Due to these reason, I felt that I felt that I did not have a choose but to call another service provider that could get to my home sooner.

I did this and my AC was fixed on Tuesday, July 16th when the leak was found within the first 20 minutes that the technician was onsite. This leak was fixed and 3 pounds of freon was added, which was the same amount that the Total Air Technician added and it just leaked out!! (This was a totally waste of money).

The end result is; If I am in the need for repairs to my home equipment it is more cost effective to pay a service professional for that equipment who is working for me and will stand behind their work.

In the case of a home warranty, as this example shows, I feel that the service companies are looking after the “volume” of calls which really is taking care of the warranty company and not truly taking care of the homeowner! This whole issue could have been resolved for me within a day or two of my 1st AC failure and should have been within the $75.00 warranty service fee, otherwise there is not value.

Totally unsatisfied warranty account holder!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments