889 Ridge Lake Blvd, Memphis, TN 38120, USA
1.6
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 12, 2018

The dollar amount of my food loss is estimated at $1,000.00 not $1.00 as it printed in my review. I also attached four pictures as proof of all of my food lost with my review.

Original review posted by user Dec 12, 2018

OMG, I am typing this while still"on hold" with them and so far, my phone shows I have been "on hold" for 1 hour 27 minutes and 58 seconds.

My refrigerator went completely out on me the morning of 12-11-2018 and they assigned a company to me that could not come out until Friday, 12-14-2018. Then I called AHS back to let them know and now the other company that they have assigned to me cannot come out until 12-13-2018 so I told AHS that and they cannot locate anyone that can address the issue today (12-12-2018).

The original girl (named Jenalynn) I was speaking with KPET quoting me Section and Paragraph numbers rather than answering my question, so I asked the girl I was speaking with that I wanted to speak to a Supervisor and then held for 33 minutes before one came on the line. I asked the Supervisor, named Irish if I am allowed to find some other company that can come out today and she advised me that if AHS cannot find someone to come out within 48 hours then yes I can but if they find someone then I can't.

Oh and then the Supervisor asked me if it was the only refrigerator I had in the house and I told her that not many people have two refrigerators in one kitchen and then asked her if she did or knew of someone that does and she told me that some people have a small refrigerator in their homes for medications and I then told her that I had a minimum of $1,000.00 worth of food in both the freezer and refrigerator and that I took pictures of all of it yesterday in case I needed them. I pay almost $67.00 per month for this warranty and they do not even cover the loss of food!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Refrigerator Warranty.

I didn't like: Customer service, Customer service will not escalate issue, Misrepresentation and long phone waits, Repair, Time to get repairman out.

Comments

Yeah I am not impressed AT ALL with AHS just like you said their Customer Service is awful and can not speak or understand English. They are rated in the top five best companies for Home Warranties and I can not understand how they got that rating.

I have had to call the five times in the past year and every experience with them is absolutely horrific. I will not be renewing.

This must be your first claim using a home warranty. Welcome to the world of there is no such thing as an emergency.

Anytime there is an in-home breakdown, it is mighty inconvenient for homeowners. What appliance CAN you live without? Speed ratio in resolving your issues is a direct function of the amount of dollars paid toward the problem. If you need fast service, as in no working toilet in the home, the only heat system has failed during winter, or losing great quantities of food that won’t fit in an ice chest, then you should bypass the home warranty.

Waiting on them to help you save money will only cost you more in the long run. Also, if you’d read through the 2,000-plus complaints you’d see that monetary savings will come at the expense of your sanity.