Clatskanie, Oregon
Service Scheduling

I have been without heat in the middle of winter for over a week (with a 9 month old infant in the house) from when the claim was filed and have only just today (after calling every day) been told that there are no contractors that are in their network to help me. They authorized me to hire my own contractor, but I would have to pay up front and they would reimburse in 14-21 business days (a month!) I have no way to know how much it will cost or how I'm to come up with the money while they decide whether to reimburse me or not.

I am nervous that they will find a loophole because I repeatedly asked for an email or some sort of written assurance that I would be reimbursed if I hired my own contractor and was flatly refused any kind of concrete written documentation. What kind of company is unable to send out a simple email outlining that the outside sourcing is authorized and what the proper procedures are. They also had a "do not use" list of contractors, but refused to send any written documentation of this also. The customer service representative kept assuring me that the call was recorded and that was the documentation, but that doesn't help me!!

I need records on my end.

I very much doubt that if they refuse to pay, they will pony up the call recording that documents the representative explicitly saying that payment will be made! Why is it so hard to send out an email outlining the exact procedure that should be used to have a claim be honored?

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Claim.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments