Verified Reviewer

The problem is they say we will take care of your problems but they figure out ways to not cover the service. It cost you $45 a month plus the $100 call fee and then they find a clause in the contract as to why the problem is not covered.

Refusal to cover a service call due to a missing parts clause in the contract not being covered, when the parts were not missing just worn. When I complained I simply have been ignored. I guess I have to sue to get their attention. Plus inability to communicate with the company due to their failure to respond to emails and a 30 minute wait or longer to talk with someone.

In my case a refrigerator was missing a bearing because it had worn away, but the hinges of the door were still there but needed replacing. Because the bearing was missing they relied on a clause in the contract that said we don't cover missing parts to also deny coverage for the hinges that were there and not missing. When I complained they ignored me. It's been two weeks since I sent them an email asking for them to cover the hinge part...no response.

Just called them to talk with someone and you have to wait at least 30 minutes on hold and the repair guy told me as much as an hour. So based on my experience I will not purchase a contract from them again. I think it might be better to choose your own contractor, negotiate a visit fee and avoid the $45 a month plus $100 visit fee.

When they deny coverage you end up paying for everything yourself anyway. Just not happy with not being able to talk with someone without wasting a lot of time.

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money. They will think up an excuse not to pay and its very hard to communicate with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: So far no pros.

American Home Shield Cons: Refusal to honor contract.

Comments