Verified Reviewer

1.2

A few years ago, they tried to deny coverage on my pool heater based upon a completely incorrect reading of my contract. the techician they sent was a company I had fired previously.

Only by getting to the office of the president was I able to find someone who "bent the rules" for me. I never should have had to go that far. If I had been less persistent, it would have cost me thousands.

But - having resolved the matter, I kept AHS.

Most recently, they sent a vendor for a claim to repair a garage door piece of hardware. It was not covered.

They were correct so I have no quarrel about the coverage. The vendor charged me $275 for a five minute repair and said it was because the part cost $200. I paid, even though he price for the part seemed excessive. I then checked on the actual cost and I found out it ranged from $25-$29.

I caaled the vendor and very politely told him that I believed I was significantly overcharged. To my astonishment he said, and I quote " I guess you learned a lesson. From now on do your homework before you let us make the repair". I am not kidding.

You can't make this up.

I called AHS to complain about their choice of vendor. They promised they would look into it and get a resolution.

I finally got a form letter response which had nothing to do with my complaint.

AHS based on my experience ( and, I have since learned-others) chooses cheap vendors often with bad ratings, I assume to lower AHS's cost. Moreover, despite an abundance of local providers, they often send service providers from out of the area, resulting in service delays.

I am done with them.

User's recommendation: Use another home warranty provider.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Location: Indio, California