Plano, Texas

in my opinion, the most crooked company i have ever had to deal with in my life. took them 3 months to replace the thermostat on my furnace.

they sent out a couple of kids to install a microwave for me--that was a joke. i had to hire a handyman to install it correctly. now after 6 weeks and visits from two marginal pool technicians, ahs has decided that it will not cover repair of my pool heater and control unit "because the controller has an electronic board inside." what doesn't today? every furnace, water heater, dishwasher, washer, and dryer has an electronic board inside.

after i called to cancel my useless contract, a woman from ahs called and said if i cancelled, ahs would never offer me a warranty again. like i would ever deal with them ever again. after i cancelled my contract, ahs charged two months of fees to my american express card without my permission.

as i said previouslly, the most crooked company i have ever had to deal with. beware!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: warranty is not as described.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Difficult to deal with, Commitment to contract terms, Cant speak with manager.

• Home Warrenty