I Have been a customer of AHS for over 3 years, and have paid on time every month. My contract states that my water heater and components are covered. The components under my contract are what CNJ call modifications. Yet AHS does not pay for modifications. Modifications *** /components are one and the same.
I refuse to pay CNJ any monies for any so called modifications which are components that really come with the water heater, according to several plumbers I called, as well as the company that installed my new water heater. They blamed AHS, and AHS blamed them for their price gouging. I am not into the blame game or into being gouged. I wanted a new water heater, not the run around of who pays what. The modifications which are really components were given to me as follows:
1. $85.00 Gas valve – a code requirement ( it’s an existing heater not a new install, so there is already a valve)
2. $85.00 Gas line - I was under the impression I already had a gas line from the old unit
3. $85.00 Drip T - another code requirement- (which surely was already in place in order to get approval from the permit it was required to have when it was originally installed)
4. $85.00 Vent Line Modification – Why? There is already a vent, and didn’t need to be modified at all even though my new heater was taller.
5. $125.00 Ball Valve Modification – came with the new water heater, not an additional fee
6. $125.00 Water Line modification – already has a water line that works fine.
7. $125.00 Temperature and Pressure line modification – What the *** Seriously
TOTAL $715.00 – which did not include the water heater, the labor to install or the disposal. Not to mention I paid $125.00 for them to come out on Thursday 08/16 and take a picture of the unit and send it to you in a queue on line. Couldn’t even call it in to get results right away. Then I was called on Monday 08/20/18 by Roslyn who provided me with CNJ’s additional charges. I refuse to aid in their price gouging of your customers.
I emailed in my receipt to their claims line as requested on 8/23/18 and they said it was just received on 9/4/18, and that it will take another 7-10 business days to get the check.
THis company has a customer service department that has difficulty speaking english and gives you the circus run around. I will no longer do business with them. ***
Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Water Heater Warranty.
Reason of review: Problems with payment.
Monetary Loss: $750.
Preferred solution: Full refund.
American Home Shield Cons: No real care of customer service.