Verified Reviewer

3.2

Update by user Sep 15, 2020

Have not received any response

Original review posted by user Sep 15, 2020

However within a few days the washer continued to leak. AHS sent the same technician out and he told us the washer could not be repaired, and that AHS would send out a different technician to get a second opinion, this technician also said that the washer was not repairable and he would recommend it be replaced. I contacted AHS and was told due to COVID19, they couldn't get a washer through the manufacturer. I was told that I would have to purchase a washer and email or fax proof of purchase, and they (AHS) would send a reimbursement check not to exceed $448.66.

Now I receive a letter that the washer failure was not covered.

3 techs came out to make repairs, each one said it couldn't be repaired. After 3 attempts to repair the washer, not one of the techs mentioned anything about moisture. This is not moisture, the technician from on point service showed me where the leak was coming from, it squirting out water. I don't believe that moisture would cause so much water that it leaked through the walls and did so much damage that we had to pull the carpet up.

The washer was over 11 years old, and it's my opinion and that of an independent technician that I asked to come and assess the problem, that the damage was due to wear and tear of the washer. The technician from on point services that you contracted also said that the age of the washer caused the malfunction was due to normal wear and tear.

If you (AHS) cannot honor your original offer to replace the washer or a limited reimbursement of $448.66 we are prepared to cancel our contract immediately, and find a Home Warranty Service that sticks to their word, especially since we have been faithful customers for over 10 years.

Sincerely,

James E Miller

jemwaco02@***.com

(254) 214-****

Show quoted text

On July 9, 2020, a service request was initiated for repairs on a whirlpool high capacity washing machine, the appliance is located in the garage, the leak was so severe, that water leaked through the walls and soaked the carpet in the master bedroom, AHS sent out a technician to make the repairs. The technician discovered that there was a leak in the hose, he made the necessary repairs. However, within a few days the washer continued to leak.

AHS sent the same technician out, and he told us the washer could not be repaired, and that AHS would send out a different technician to get a second opinion, this technician also said that the washer was not repairable, and he would recommend it be replaced. I contacted AHS and was told due to COVID-19, they couldn't get a washer through the manufacturer. I was told that I would have to purchase a washer and email or fax proof of purchase, and they (AHS) would send a reimbursement check not to exceed $448.66.

Now I receive a letter that the washer failure was not covered. 3 technicians came out to make repairs, each one said it couldn't be repaired.

After 3 attempts to repair the washer, not one of the technicians mentioned anything about moisture. This is not moisture, the technician from on point service showed me where the leak was coming from, it's squirting out water. I don't believe that moisture would cause so much water that it leaked through the walls and did so much damage that we had to pull the carpet up.

The washer was over 17 years old, and it's my opinion and that of an independent technician that I asked to come and assess the problem, that the damage was due to wear and tear of the washer. The technician from on point services that you contracted also said that the age of the washer caused the malfunction was due to normal wear and tear.

Sincerely,

James E Miller

jemwaco02@***.com

(254) 214-****

Show quoted text

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Punctuality, Good contractors.

American Home Shield Cons: Failure to approve services listed in contract.

Comments