Verified Reviewer

Update by user Aug 29, 2020

If called American Home Shield continuously in June when my home air conditioning and heating system stopped working. It was over 100 degrees outside with the humidity and my family has medical issues and need air conditioning or have medical problems.

I was unable to get through to AHS because they have a recorded message that says because of Covid there are longer wait periods. I get that but when I finally did get through once I was disconnected. I kept calling all hours of the day to see if maybe there was a better time to call. I finally got through to a customer rep, explained the medical reasons that I needed air conditioning as soon as possible and was given a company name to call.

That company never returned my calls so I called AHS again rather late in the evening and was given another company name. I called them but they could not come out for over ten days and I called another company that was advertising on facebook and checked out them with BBB and found they had a five star rating. The company AHS was recommending was a 2 star rated company. I had the 5 star company install a new unit because the compressor was shot on the 50 year old heater and 30 year old air conditioning system.

They told me it was like putting a $3000 band aid on a system that was already broken with no future for it to work. I sent an email and a letter to AHS explaining the situation and requesting reimbursement from them and have yet to hear back from them and it has been over two months.I did say that I would seek legal action if needed. Their customer service is unacceptable because they do not have enough employees to handle the number of calls and when a person does answer the phone, they usually do not know what to do and have to get back to you or contact their supervisor. My daughter fainted during the heat wave and my granddaughter had to go back on her asthma medicine for her allergies.

I myself being a senior citizen was having difficulty breathing and refused to go to the hospital with all the covid issues there. I would like this issue resolved with reimbursement from AHS because the new system was paid for by me for almost $16,000 and had AHS answered their calls, this could have been avoided and been covered by the warranty.

Original review posted by user Aug 28, 2020

I am suggesting that AHS employ enough people to handle the warranty requests and give them quality training so that they can answer questions that consumers have about their warranty. I am also suggesting that AHS have quality contractors who are experienced and follow through with what needs to be done to correct the situation.

Comments