100 Old Mill Rd, LaGrange, GA 30241

I called to report my HVAC was broken and leaking through the ceiling to the bottom floor. After 8 days, a technician finally came out and looked at our system. Now 2 days later, I called to find out when it would be repaired. After 5 phone calls where I was disconnected after waiting on hold 36 minutes, 12 minutes, etc., I finally called the SALES department and got a contact for the "Authorization" department. The TOTAL AIR CARE technician has NOT sent in his diagnosis from 2 days ago!!

The Authorization Department representative contacted TOTAL AIR CARE and stated he will get the diagnosis submitted by the end of the day today. So I get to look forward to another HOT weekend!

IF/When it is resolved I will update this BUT right now I would say save your money and don't bother with this warranty!

Oh yea - wonder when they will address the ceiling damage? Angry Angry :an Angry gry: Angry

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service is the worst.

Comments

My guess is the system is low on refrigerant and the coil is frozen up. This results in an abundance of water overflowing the condensate drain line.

They probably discovered excessive corrosion on the copper coil, resulting in a refrigerant leak, which is an unfixable problem. The contractors for AHS are so busy that they haven’t had time to work up your report to AHS, but when they do, be prepared for bad news. At minimum, you will hear that the refrigerant will cost YOU out of pocket up to $1500, as AHS only covers $10 per pound. You will also hear that secondary damage is not covered, so the Sheetrock damage is yours to fix.

Also, water dripping through the ceiling under an air handler tends to be a recurrent problem, so don’t fix that ceiling yet. AHS will never get that to stop. Their halfarst repairs will only go so far.

You need a complete new system, outside and in the attic, but be assured they won’t be paying for it. How long do you want to have this problem go on?

American Home Shield Reviews