Verified Reviewer

1.8

On 5/4/22 made online service request for Refrigerator repair, order #11587****. This was to repair/replace the main freezer door handle that had broken off after 5 years of normal use.

Technician took pictures and I received an email on 5/6/22 asking me to call 833-603-**** to find out why it wasn't covered. I called and your customer service rep (located in the Philippines) said the service tech said the door was broken due to our neglect and misuse. I disputed this by re-stating the broken handle was from normal use over the previous 5 years of simply opening the freezer door! The customer service rep said they would send a different company out to give a "2nd opinion" but I would have to pay an additional $75 service fee.

I objected to that and asked to speak to a supervisor, she put me on hold for 15+ minutes and finally came back and " said there was no supervisor I could talk to but she would "waive" the additional $75 fee. I said fine and she ordered a new service order on that same day, 5/6/22, order #11641****. The new service technician came out on 5/9/22 and was in my house for MAYBE 45 seconds, took pictures again and left. Within 1 hour I received the same email asking me to call the same 833-603-****.

I called and got a different customer service rep in the same office in the Philippines and she repeated that the service tech reported that the door handle was intentionally damaged by us. How can simply pulling the door handle to open the freezer compartment be construed as intentional damage by us over 5 years of normal use??? I again asked to speak to a supervisor and she did connect me to another customer service rep (after again holding on for 15+ minutes) that stated the only thing she could do would be to submit my complaint to your "Customer Service Resolution Department" via email only, she or I could not call or talk to anyone! She then said I would get your final determination of my claim within 5 to 7 business days.

That was on 5/9/22, it is now 5/22/22 long past those 5 to 7 business days and I have heard NOTHING from ANYBODY. I have been with your company on multiple houses for over 20+ years and have never been treated or dismissed so rudely as has happened this time.

I want to hear from someone via a phone call, NOT a text or email explaining your final disposition of my claim within the next 5 business days. My contract expires on 10/22, I hope I will be able to renew, the ball is in your court.

Product or Service Mentioned: Samsung Electronics Refrigerator Repair.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Very poor customer service, Wait times are terrible, Misinformation.

Location: Canoga Park, California