East Saint Louis, Illinois
1.3

Called in service for a leak in my bathroom between my bathroom floor and my downstairs living room ceiling. Called AHS in December 2015 regarding the leak and a vendor was sent A&A Complete service who told AHS we had to tear out our living room ceiling to make sure no mold or lead was in the ceiling before they would fix anything.

He did not tell us that, just walked out the home on the phone. June 23, called AHS with a private plumber; AHS informed Darwyn's Plumbing to do what he had to do, gave him a work order number and dispatch number and her name and staff number. On Aug 8th general contractors had began to tear out ceiling in living room and removed everything in the bathroom including the floor so you will have a clear access to the leak. On Aug 7th called AHS who sent out another vendor ECHO Plumbing for a 2nd opinion, why I don't know, he looked at the leaky pipe in the bathroom, took pictures and called AHS with his diagnosis.

ECHO diagnosis was "someone had beat the pipe and stuck something off in it"!

On Aug 10th AHS called and left a message stating the request had been denied according to the diagnosis ECHO gave. I returned the call and asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to dispute department.

Product or Service Mentioned: Echo Plumbing Plumbing Service.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: Quick response from contractor.

American Home Shield Cons: No management available to resolve issues, Wait time for service even with a leaking pipe, Repairs when appliances should have been replaced.

Comments