Verified Reviewer

1.2

In September 2020, our real estate agent purchased for us a one year policy with American Home Shield as a gift towards our newly purchased home. The policy expires this month and I received multiple phone calls and emails asking us to renew.

My husband and I were considering renewing but knew we had until later this month. Today, I found out that American Home Shield went ahead and charged our old bank account which we have not used in months to renew. When I called to ask how they could do this, they said that our real estate agent signed us up with auto renew and provided our bank information. Whether or not our real estate agent was acting in the best interest of us or whether that is her right, it is completely inappropriate for a company to charge another person's account with their permission and after asking us if we wanted to renew.

I have asked for a refund and they are saying they cannot. I have cancelled service with this unethical company.

User's recommendation: Don't use.

American Home Shield Cons: Charged account without permission.

Comments