American Home Shield is the worst company I have ever came into contact with in my life. It has been two weeks and still no working AC. It is > 95 degrees everyday. They basically take your money and then don't fix anything.

I called two weeks ago because my AC isn't working. I called back three days later because I received no response. Two days after that, I had someone at my house.

They told me they would need to get approval for the fix, but there would be 'uncovered' items. These uncovered items are how service professionals really make their money.

It has been three days and AHS still hasn't approved the parts for fixing the unit. The AC contractor is telling me to expect another week.

How is this acceptable? or proper business?

I think AHS is nothing but a scam and stay far away.

Review about: American Home Shield Warranty.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

We have been experiencing the same problem with them.We have not had a working A/C for 2 months and at this point we have submitted a complaint to BBB, contacted a lawyer, contacted Service Master and the CEO.

We will take them to court if we have to. They are refusing to replace items that are in fact covered in the warranty. I suggest others to be proactive and not take no for an answers.

I will post the outcome of my situation.I really want to discontinue my service with them but I'm curious to see how they will handle things when another appliciance fails.