I was with AHS for close to 5 years. My monthly payments were automatically deducted from my checking account so were always on time and never missed.

I made my first claim last week only to find out that they were denying it. It was a Friday after hours and my A/C had gone out. The rep told me I had chosen the plan without A/C coverage. I knew it wouldn't do me a bit of good to argue so decided to sweat it out over the weekend and call main office Monday.

Well I did only to find out that they were telling me the same b.s. I was given the run around between a few people, disconnected a couple of times and the final story was that EVEN THOUGH I HAD A CONTRACT FROM THE COMPANY stating my A/C was covered they were now telling me it wasn't. To add insult to injury, they stated they would be charging me a $34 "administrative fee" because I was cancelling "per my contract". WHAT????

The contract is meaningless when it comes to my protection but not theirs?

Not only can you NOT take them at their word but it is now obvious that their contracts mean nothing as well. Do not even consider these crooks!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 08.

Comments

Avoid all home warranties. Read the reviews on Pissed consumer for all the warranty companies.

Save your money and call your own repair people. Fighting with them is just not worth it. If you own a home, you should expect breakdowns and prepare for them.

When you call your own service people, you have control and know your options. You won’t be denied service.