Verified Reviewer

Resolved

Update by user Jul 28, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered. I filed 8 online complaints, emailed the company media center, emailed three VPs, and the CEO..

Original review updated by user Jul 28, 2021

I've been a customer for three years. Our central air has been out for three days.

I've called seven times and get the same scripted responses from foreigners with terrible English. They finally admitted they don't have supervisors after being told twice they would call me.

I'm on the phone with them right now just for kicks &;; giggles. Same Script. He says he's not reading a script.

Oh, they all say they're so sorry for my situation and they can understand my frustration. I don't think so.

My contract states they will have a contractor here within 48hrs. I do believe they have breached the contract at this point.

Throughout this I have been begging them to allow me to find a contractor then have AHS reimburse me. No dice.

In fact they told me if I have someone look at it, it could negate my warranty. I talked to a local contractor to get some options and they won't touch it unless I pay for it. They don't want anything to do with AHS.

I called the sales line(English speaking) and was pushed to the same useless service representatives.

This all being said it's possible they might do the right thing and get my AC repaired. I'm not holding my breath; hard enough to breath in my sweltering home.

I'll post the results.

6/24/21 - 8 days and still not even a phone call from AHS

6/28/21 - much has transpired. Long story short; AHS agreed for me to hire a contractor. AHS has spoken to the contractor and agreed on a price and repair. I have to pay the contractor then AHS will reimburse me.

Repairs to be made on July 2nd.

7/2/21 Friday Contractor A replaced central air unit. I paid Contractor in full.

7/6/21 Emailed invoices to AHS for reimbursement.

7/13/21 No reimbursement yet.

7/15/21Emailed AHS contact asking when I should reasonably expect my reimbursement. I was told they didnt get my email with invoice copies.

Was told to email AHS again and email sent to my AHS contact.

7/24/21Received Reimbursement check. Issue completely resolved.

User's recommendation: Put your money in a savings account and stay away from AHS.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Cons: Poor customer service, Long wait times for customer service, Foreign customer service reps, Customer service run-around, Long wait times for contractor contact.

Comments