Verified Reviewer

Update by user Sep 04, 2020

I know you know - from others - just how pissed off I am. The bastards sent me an email saying I owe them $95+ to get my contract cancelled for once and for all.

How sad it is that I don't believe anything out of them. My good friends at the bank issued a blanket stop payment back in June, and someone from AHS called me and said they would cancel my contract. Yeah, right. After that they sent me this stupid moronic letter saying I owed them $95+ to cancel out.

I called the bank and my friends decided I should send a cashiers check instead of a personal one. I'll try to get it in the mail over the weekend. I most certainly haven't rushed to get that check in the mail to them. It was also highly suggested that I include a nasty note to them - basically telling them to go *** themselves.

I was ahead of them on that idea. I'm so angry I don't know if I can do myself justice with anything I write to them. We all hope that sending them this money (I wish I could use Monopoly money) and a nasty note will get them off all our backs. I went into their website and read the comments left by others and there wasn't one good statement saying what a wonderful bunch of idiots these people (are they human???).

Once this contract is over and done with, it's going to take quite a awhile before I can get the anger to dissipate. They really screwed me over good. My caregiver has been on top of all this and needless to say, she's as angry as I am. When I first bought this place, the former owner had a contract that he left with me, and if I can find the papers, I will look into going back to them.

Just before I moved in, my hot water heater went kerflooey and it cost me next to nothing to get it replaced. I know for fact that it wasn't AHS. If this is the end of it, I will be grateful - as will my friends at the bank - but the damage has been done, and the people at AHS were just way too stupid to know what they did - and they most certainly don't give a rat's *** what they've done to me and a lot of others. I've been telling everyone I've been talking to not to use them and what happened to me.

And, if they had bothered to listen to me, they wouldn't have put me through all the grief that they did. IF they continue to be the jackholes that they are, I guess I'll be contacting my attorney to see if she has any bright ideas.

I really don't want to have to go that route if I don't have to.I'm just super grateful that I had a wonderful place to vent. Until the contract is finally canceled, this isn't over yet.

Original review posted by user Aug 05, 2020

They've been scamming me. I've been on hold at any of their phone lines for up to over 1.5 on hold.

They don't call back. They don't respond to anything, but more than anything else, I can't get them to cancel my contract and I need my money far more than they ever will. I don't know how much of anything the BBB will do, but hopefully my bank will help me.

I hate wasting even more money on stop payments, but maybe AHS will get the idea we aren't paying them every month when they attempt to get the money out of my account. They need to be stopped - permanently.

User's recommendation: Only if you're stupid enough to waste your money, I think you'f best go elsewhere.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Replacement.

Preferred solution: CANCEL MY CONTRACT AND LEAVE ME ALONE. A REFUND WOULD BE NICE TOO.YOU GUYS OWE ME BIG TIME..

American Home Shield Pros: No pros at all.

American Home Shield Cons: Vendors that wont service our area, Unethical.

Comments