2.0
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

I have been able to get service with them, and they do answer the call right away. They claim now that they are taking the service charge upfront.

But here is the problem nowhere is it stated in the contract that is provided to me from them that I have to pay them the contractors fee. That is a co-pay, same as when you pay your doctor a co-pay. Now, sometimes that is all they receive from us, the client is that $75. I live in a rural town in Arkansas and AHS uses a lot of small businesses in my area, so I have gotten to know some of these people who now refuse to work for them at all because they never get paid or they get paid months and months in arrears.

AHS has lied to my bank saying I have paid my monthly contract fee, which I proved I had, when they tried to get money back on my credit card. They are a mess. I have filed a complaint with the State Attorney General's office as have a lot of people here in Arkansas. They couldn't tell me what was going on as it was but the verbage that was used was enough as a former state government employee to let me know they were under investigation.

Also, Terminex is under the same umbrella if you have had problems with their service too. If I could afford anything else I would cancel in a heartbeat!

Comments

The contractors don’t collect the service fee from the customer anymore. The customer has to provide payment of the service fee straight to AHS when they place the service request.

This locks them in to waiting on the contractor, since the fee has been collected. If a dispute arises, the fee has been collected. If the fee is cancelled, AHS can reject any future service requests until it is straightened out. The good news for the contractor is that the customer can’t refuse to give the contractor the payment.

Customers often refused to pay the co-pay at the appointment, especially if parts needed to be ordered or authorization reports turned in. The contractors would then be docked points by AHS for something out of their control. Many customers were actually tenants, who could not pay the fee, or the reluctant spouse, who would claim to not have a checkbook. Property managers for rental houses would also feign inability to pay, as would neighbors who are just there to “let the tech in”.

Customers have even left their home abruptly with a tech still inside, in order to avoid having to produce payment. The negative side for the service contractor not collecting the co-pay is that AHS gets the money immediately and the contractor doesn’t, obviously. Also, a deduction is taken out of it by AHS for services companies who receive weekly direct deposits instead of monthly mailed checks. Overall, it is worth it tonthe contractors to not have to deal with belligerent customers who refuse to pay their co-pay.

Imagine doing that at the doctor’s office because the doctor didn’t give you the answer you wanted, or referred you to a different doctor, or just “wrote a prescription but didn’t do anything”. People are flipping ridiculous.