I needed an electrician, called and set up a claim. They charged me the service fee, assigned an electrician who called me the next day.

He said he was too busy, didn't really want to come and it would be 5 days before he could. I told him I would get somebody else. Called AHS and no joke, they assigned the same guy. Called again, repeated the process, and they assigned the same guy for the 3rd time.

I gave up and got someone on my own. Fast-forward 3 months and hot water heater is leaking. Called to give them one more chance (the warranty was $1K), and they assigned a plumber. 24 hours later, I called the plumber who said they rejected it.

I called AHS, and they said they are working on it and would let me know in 24 hours.

48 hours lost, no plumber and leaking hot water heater which may end up causing real damage. How do you sue these professional scam artist?

User's recommendation: Avoid.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Cons: Poor selection of contractors, Would not expedite when it was their error.

Comments

#1945140

AHS has said that are going to refund me 50% of my costs to replace the hot water heater. I have not received the money yet but I do believe that will.

I finally reached a person who looked at my issues and was understanding however, a friend provided me with her information.

On my own efforts, I was denied and did not anticipate any change from AHS. The Lady that authorized my refund was the only person that was willing to look at it from my side.

American Home Shield Reviews