95643, 73694 Mecca Ave, Mecca, CA 92254, USA
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

American Home *** is a scam, called for service on my hot water heater which is making loud popping sound and only putting out luke warm water. Took off work for an 12 to 4 appointment, the service tech showed up at 6:45 asked me a couple questions and said he would have to go back and call it in. He took some pictures of the water heater. He said they would have to find out where this manufacturer and model were sold and that it would take a few days.

Well several days later I called the service tech and was told that American Home *** would not cover it because it was sediment and it was my responsibility to flush it twice a year. Well my water heater is now 12 years old and several years past the expected life span. On top of that, I flushed the water heater just about every year, but may have missed one or two flushing's.

I have called 5 times today and as I get into the details with the service person, I somehow get disconnected and have to start all over again. I have even given my phone number to call me back if we were disconnected and no call back.

We have used this service 3 times over the 4 years we have had it and with the $100 service fee, the items we had repaired were typically $40 to $60 repair projects if I called a local plumber or HVAC repairman. So I paid $140 for a $40 job and $160 for a $60 job, not counting all the monthly payments.

Now the phone waiting que says 5 to 10 minutes, well it's been 1 hour and 35 minutes.

Just trying to discontinue this scam and I would never recommend this to anyone. I feel bad that I had recommended it to a couple of friends who purchased it.

Review about: Water Heater Repair.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

h.kitchener

My plumber says that flushing the water heater regularly may not really be any good for them. Who knows?

In your case, a twelve year old water heater should just be replaced, especially if it is giving you the problems you describe. These things are relatively cheap to replace. Cancel your AHS and buy a new one from a local plumbing and heating firm in town. Don't buy one from a big box store that will install it for you, etc.

as you never know who their installers are. A local plumbing firm is always more reliable.