Service Scheduling

First off all they had 2 contracts for my property and were billing me twice. I called they said they didn't know what the 2nd charge was for.

I disputed with my credit card and went into fraud dept the chargers were reversed then I get a letter from a collection agency for them I owe hundreds of $$ on this second contract. Why would I want 2 contracts for the same property? Even they could not locate it, now they want me to pay them?

Then I call for my air conditioner which is making a screeching loud belt slipping noise but it stops so when I schedule the appt I tell the Heat and Air subcontractor the situation and that I don't want them to come out if they don't think they can diagnose. They send the guy he comes to my door I explain there is no noise to listen to but does he think he can still diagnose what the issue might be he says no so I tell him I don't want him to even look at it then as I don't want to be charged for nothing.

But of course AHS wants to charge me $125 even though I got ZERO service. Basically in so many words they said they don't care it was my problem I should have called them. How am I supposed to know the experts cant help? They should have told me on the phone we cant help you we don't recommend sending someone out if the noise is gone now.

I feel this is between AHS and their Subcontractor. AHS has a responsibility to me as their customer.

They are not an ethical company in my opinion they have ZERO customer service. I will not contract with them in the future.

Review about: American Home Shield Warranty.

I didn't like: Unethical.

Comments

If you have the tech come to your house, you owe the service fee, even if the diagnosis is no malfunction. That situation is common, and is good for the service company to help offset the losses the incur at other calls with expensive repairs, since Ahs wants to pay their contractors a flat rate.

That’s part of the deal, and is one way that a warranty company is able to get the contractors to work so cheap. Money doesn’t grow on trees at AHS.