Verified Reviewer

We should have realized something was off when our water heater failed a couple of years ago and were told that the plumbing contractor wouldn't be out for two days to even look at it. We ended up buying a new one and paying for it ourselves.

Now, last Friday our furnace failed and we duly called American Home Shield for service. Per standard spiel, we were told that a contractor would call within 48 hours. Tuesday comes and still not a word. Bad sign.

We call AMS and they assign it to another contractor, only they tell us that WE should call him. We do, but can't leave a message because his voice mail box is full. I send him a text. 24 hours pass and no response.

I do a Google review check on the guy and he gets a poor rating for being unresponsive. Not the type of person I (or any other sane person) would want working on my furnace.

At this point, I'm convinced that AMS doesn't vet their contractors, but selects them solely on the basis of to is willing to work the cheapest. This usually means some guy working out of his basement.

It is now one week since we called AHS for help and no one has yet shown up to look at our furnace. Luckily, the weather is still fairly good.

But now that it's fall, that could change in a day. This is totally unacceptable.

User's recommendation: Stay clear.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments