Verified Reviewer

I had been an AHS customer for over 15 years. After moving to another city, I've had terrible service from them, and have had to pay non-AHS providers to come out and to my repairs.

They continue to refer me to a provider that I've told them several times that I would never again let them into my house.

The last time, I was told it would be a week before they could repair a faucet. I cancelled that order. The second provider thy referred me to called me after 2 days, but I had cancelled the order.

The company who actually repaired the faucet was here within 3 hours.

Naturally, I was charged a $75 service fee. When I called for a refund, I spoke with someone from the Philippines who said I would have a refund within 7 days.

I wait a little over 10 days, and called back again. I got the same response. Again, It's been over 10 days, no refund.

I tried to sign onto my account, and it wouldn't accept my password. I tried the "Forgot your password" link several times.

It's been over an hour, and still no link.

Finally, I spoke with a "customer service" person, again in the Philippines, to cancel the account. After many times of trying to get me to extend the account she agreed to cancel it, but also said they would charge me $28 to cancel a terrible account. This used to be a good company that I could call, and speak with an American who took care of my needs.

Sometime in between, their fees went up and customer service went to pieces. Terrible customer service.

User's recommendation: Don't go near them.

Preferred solution: No cost can cellation of the contract and refund of $75.00.

American Home Shield Pros: No pros at all.

American Home Shield Cons: Customer service is terrible.

Comments