Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My realtor recommended AHS after purchasing a flipper home. After several calls to AHS where the hold lasted over 40 minutes each call, I finally got my service set up.

They were supposed to be there 8am-12pm. Despite several calls during my wait, they never showed during their allotted time period and no call. Around 2:30 the "technician" showed up with no apology, no excuse and was quite rude. I had 4 separate leaks happening.

He said he fixed two, the next one he spent an hour on the phone with his boss resulting in him being too nervous to try to fix it and break it, and the 4th and largest leak I was told was too difficult to get to. That was it he said. After leaving, I googled the contractor that AHS hired to find out that they are one of the poorest rated plumbers in our area with tons of bad reviews. I called AHS and let them know what happened and they dispatched another plumber who never contacted me in the following days.

One leak was so bad that I hired my own plumber to fix it. Once there my own plumber discovered that the two leaks the AHS contractor said he fixed were still leaking and never fixed. So I missed an entire day of work to have NOTHING fixed and AHS is still attempting to collect their $75 service fee. I am now disputing the fee but assume they will not correct this situation as I have now spoken with two reps who have directed me to supervisors who will not return my calls.

DO NOT USE AHS. The frustration of dealing with them and their unprofessional and inexperienced contractors is NOT worth it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Plumbing Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

wasted money $21.20 on train and bus for interview tuesday 06/28/2016 also gas on monday trying to find this staffing agency what a bunch of bull antoinette holliday

We also have had "terrible" service and response from American Home Shield. They seem to guess at what might appease the customer and not have to "really" fix things in the right manner.

We have had 5 service calls and our microwave is not fixed yet. Often they do not answer their phone.

Poor, poor service. I would not recommend them to anyone.

American Home Shield Reviews