Resolved

I called to cancel and was told a "retention specialist" would be in touch with me.He called next day and said if I cancel I will not be refunded any of the monthly payment that they just received a few days earlier and I would be charged an early termination fee.

I don't mind the fee but to pay for an entire month when I would have no coverage prompted me to keep the coverage and call back down the road to cancel, even though I did not want the expense and would rather put it into my savings and be pro-active. The following month's payment was never deducted from my checking account. I didn't notice because I was busy with a blizzard where my snow removal never showed up for days. When I received a late email notice I called them saying I have auto payments set up.

They told me a rep removed the auto pay and now I owe interest and if I cancel I must send payment for the month with interest and a fee. I was livid and told them it was done without my knowledge so I should not be liable for late fees, and once again, paying for an entire month without coverage was unacceptable. I also explained that I am a senior and I'm finding the added expense of nearly $80 a month (with a $125 deductible) was not worth it and becoming to difficult for me to afford. I explained that the original sales rep had said I would have no trouble cancelling if I could no longer afford the coverage.

Anyway, I've left the contract in place for now but I am fighting these strong arm tactics. I am waiting to hear from some kind of supervisor or someone higher up to call me back to discuss these issues. I told them I have never had any company treat me so badly and refuse to work with me. Why not call it even and cancel the contract since no payment was taken out anyway?

I'll pay the $17+ early cancellation fee.So as I type this the interest is adding up and I am filing complaints everywhere I can about this company and the bullies who work there.

Review about: American Home Shield Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Cancel my contract, waive any late charges and monthly payment for cancelled month. .

I didn't like: Strong arm tactics, Poor customer service and no communication, Poor customer service.

Had an Experience with American Home Shield?

Comments

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1304731

Cancel out and ensure they cannot take any money from your bank account even tho they said the auto pay was cancelled.Talk to your bank about how to do this---By the way, now you know why having auto pay for anything is so dangerous.

If AHS tells you you need to pay a cancellation fee, etc., then just laugh and say "send me a bill, but I won't be paying it." They may send you a bill, etc., but just ignore them.The most important thing here is to cancel with them and ensure they cannot take any money from your bank account.

273eileen
to h.kitchener Branford, Connecticut, United States #1304881

Thanks for the reply but I have one question.Will doing this do any real damage to my perfect credit score?

I already told them I won't pay.I will call the bank today.