Resolved
Poster decreased review rating.

Update by user Jan 09, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement. They should offer discounts instead of apologize everytime about the inconvenience.

Update by user Jan 09, 2021

I still called constantly until finished

Update by user Jan 09, 2021

New unit was finally installed around December 13th after almost 2 months of waiting

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2020

I placed service order for ac unit on November 10th and got lucky with a tech coming out that same day as a first time. Well let me also say that this is not the first issue with this unit since I have been with the company for nearly 4 years now.

I have made multiple service requests for all to come back at theres nothing wrong with the unit though it doesn't cool properly since day one. Well this last time on November 10th it took 2 weeks to get answers on replacement or fix. Well that took multiple days and hours calling to get the answer tech will be out to fix and will call when on the way. I called back the next day as I was lied to.

So now that I don't need ac and need heat with the colder weather and to mention I got babies in the home that I can't keep warm, I call again. Plus I contact the ac technician that was sent out and we check in to see about more updates. We the tech decided it wasn't worth fixing as the unit is from 1996 and put in request for new system. Awesome that was amazing news as to our electric bill will go down about $200-300 each month which is what we really needed in the first place as the unit will not keep up with cooling the home.

Every time I've called since new unit order was placed on December 1st and estimated delivery was the 7th, I get give me another day or two and call back. If I ask for a supervisor they refuse to get me one trying to get me off the phone with they will call me back and no phone calls from anyone. Now that its cold outside and inside I run the risk of my kids getting sick due to it not being warm and have no heat currently they want to apologize for the inconvenience it has caused or they understand where im coming from but yet they don't want to give me any answers at all. My light normally runs between 250 and 400 normally but since the unit has been down my electric bill has dropped tremendously by $200 from the highest bill at $400.

So with all the problems that im having over the ac unit im ready to find a better company with great customer service and that actually care about their clients.

Having ahs has been a joke and the worst mistake I've made since I got them i should have changed companies after the 3 ac service request for same issue. Piccture posted of old 1996 unit that is currently waiting to be replaced is below.

User's recommendation: Don't do business with ahs, no good, customer service sucks and doesn't care.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Replacement.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

American Home Shield Pros: Looks good to a home buyer, First time i needed them for a repair was great.

American Home Shield Cons: Stonewalling over expensive replacement items, Customer service told us we had to wait five days, Terrible customer service.

Comments