1.6
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

About 2 months ago our clothes washer starting making a loud noise on the spin cycle. We called American Home Shield and put in a service request. On Monday, Sept 26, AHS will send techs out for a SIXTH time to repair this machine - a 12 year old GE top loader.

First Visit - independent company comes out. Tech diagnoses problem, says he will order parts, and appointment will be set to make repairs

Second Visit - the independent company punted the job to GE. Not sure why. A GE tech came over and did the same diagnostic as the first guy. GE tech said the machine needs a new transmission, drum and other internal parts, and because of the age of the machine it made more sense to replace it. He went out to his truck to call AHS and give the recommendation. An hour later the GE tech comes back into the house and says he couldn't get a hold of AHS. He got so frustrated waiting on hold that he just went ahead and ordered all of the parts. He said they would arrive at my house and he'd come back in a week to do the repair.

Third visit - GE tech comes and install the parts that were delivered. Job takes about 2 hours. Washing machine appears to be working well.

Fourth Visit - After using the machine less than 3 times, the drum became loose and banged around, making the machine unusable. A GE tech came and tightened a bolt. Repair took a few minutes.

Fifth Visit - We noticed rust stains on the newly installed drum. Tech came out and said the drum has a seal loose, and some sort of fluid was coming out. He ordered a new drum and said he would come back in a week to install it.

Sixth Visit -- it is scheduled for Sept 26. I will follow up to report how it goes.

In summary......

-- I had to *** work on 6 separate days, a half day or more each time. So, lost 3 days of work income. For me, that's worth about $900.

-- We haven't had a functional washing machine for most of the past 2 months. We have spent about $200 at the laundromat.

-- I have spent about 5 hours on the phone dealing with this. That's not an exaggeration. Most calls to AHS start by being on hold for 30 minutes or more.

-- AHS has eaten for the cost of 6 service tech visits and about 6 hours of their on-site time. Plus the costs of all new internal parts for the machine. For a 12 year old washing machine.

I tried to call AHS and speak with a supervisor to discuss this. The situation is costing me and AHS a lot of time and money. I got a hold of a supervisor who literally wouldn't do a thing about all this. When I asked to speak to her manager or another person in authority, she said there was no one above her that I could talk to.

gfellman wrote the review because of warranty issue at American Home Shield. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1100 and wants American Home Shield to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was 2 months without a clothes washer despite 6 tech visits and customer service and quality of work. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by American Home Shield and washing machine repair for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments