Phoenix, Arizona

My hot water heater stopped making hot water - didn't leak, just no hot water. Paid my $125 and a contractor came promptly to fix the problem. Spent about 15 minutes and left. Still no hot water. Came back later that day for another 15 minutes. This time hot water. Unfortunately, the next day - same problem - no hot water. This routine of contractor coming out, spending 15 minutes, having hot water for a day or two and then no hot water, has now gone on for 6 visits from the contractor.

I called AHS to ask that either a different contractor come out or they replace the water heater. The rep on the phone said she could do neither and that her supervisor did not take calls. her best option was to buy out my contract at 20% of what I paid for it. Of course my $125 service fee would not be refunded.

As it stands today, no hot water and AHS willing to continue to send a contractor to nickel and dime me, trying to avoid replacing my water heater. Don't worry about initial contract cost, AHS hires incompetent contractors and directs them to do as little work as possible. Stay away from AHS. You will waste both your time and money with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments