59 views
Verified Reviewer

American Home Shield is only covering part of the cost of replacing my water heater because of "modifications" that were supposedly made to it. However, nobody at AHS has been able to detail what those supposed modifications were.

From what I can tell, they were based on the "detailed diagnosis" submitted by the original contractor assigned to my job (Jacobs Family Plumbing), a company that NEVER CAME TO MY HOME but Instead asked me to take a picture of the side of my water heater and text it to Jeff at Jacobs. Based on whatever he submitted which included incorrect information about from where the water heater was leaking, AHS initially fully denied my claim - at which point, I was offered a "second opinion" by another contractor (Ally). After Ally actually came to my home, inspected my water heater and contacted AHS, I received "partial approval" to have my water heater replaced.

Although the plumber from Ally told me he did not see any evidence of modification, AHS is still denying $1000 of the cost based on the Jacob's Family Plumbing "detailed diagnosis" which included mention of the supposed modifications. I have called several times and, of course, none of their off-shore call representatives can answer my question about what supposedly was modified and is going by a "diagnosis" that was given sight unseen.

User's recommendation: If you have a home warranty with American Home Shield, don't expect reasonable customer service. Expect to talk to off-shore agents who are not empowered to solve customer issues and to be stonewalled when you ask reasonable questions about why they are refusing to deliver on your contract with them!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Warranty.

Preferred solution: FULLY cover my water heater replacement rather than partially because of "modifications" reported by a contractor who never visited my property..

American Home Shield Pros: There are no pros.

American Home Shield Cons: Didnt honor contract, Denies legitimate claims, Being displaced for over a week and no end in sight.

Comments