Sacramento, California

Twice now I have had contractors sent to my home that caused more damage than good. My first experience was with Carter Plumbing (who AHS sent).

Carter Plumbing attempted offer poor service by recommending that I for 1) leave the front plate off and just push the reset button when the water heater circuit trips 2) replace the whole water heater because it was bad and not under warranty (which it is a Sear's product and states it quite clearly on the tank that it is). They then gave me an estimate for 1,000.00. I called Sears and the WH is under warranty and is not the issue. There is a leak where the line connects to the hose.

You would think that a plumber would have checked the lines first. Now, today I had the pleasure of AT Appliance come to my home to drain a dishwasher that had standing water. The tech plainly stated that he moved the hose up to keep the water from entering back into the dishwasher until I could have a plumber put in an overflow. However, what ever he did now has my sink backed up with water.

I called the tech to which he said he never said that and is not coming back. I then called AHS and was informed that they are not responsible for anything the Contractors that they send out do with regards to damage. How are they not in the least bit responsible for the contractors that they choose to send out? Waste of money in the long run.

They have zero integrity as a company and claim to have no responsibility with the people they choose to do business with regarding the care of the customers home.

Product or Service Mentioned: At Appliance Plumbing Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

American Home Shield Cons: Dishonest contractors.

Comments