Verified Reviewer

1.1

requested service on AC approx 3.5 months ago, technician checked outside unit, found "faulty compressor" and put batteries in thermostat. never heard from him for 2-3 weeks, only then because we tried to contact him repeatedly, unsuccessfully.

Contacted AHS. of course only able to speak to the Philipino based contacts who can pretty much only read their scripted responses to you. The contractor has blamed AHS with the delays, AHS has blamed contractor. For some unknown reason the contractor made 3 subsequent visits to my home, without a new compressor.

When he FINALLY showed up with a compressor, it was the wrong one, which he immediately blamed AHS for ordering wrong one. I contacted AHS AGAIN, repeatedly asked to speak with a supervisor instead of the apologetic, Filipino woman, was informed that there were no supervisors, and she had no answers for my situation of 3.5 months of waiting for repairs. one week later, I received a call from AHS to tell me that the compressor was on it's way. One week later the contractor called me and stated he "could get me a compressor, if I was willing to pay for it" and that it was "expensive".

I have subsequentially had a Lennox company here to assess my unit, the original compressor was left in my yard along with other parts of the unit. The report I received from them was that, had the compressor not been left out in the rain by the other contractor, that it wouldn't have needed replacing!! the only problem they found, other than what the contractor sent by AHS caused , was a small pipe in the inside part of the unit had *** in it.

There apparently was nothing wrong with the outside unit until your contractor destroyed it. I have been an AHS customer for many years, this service request and the previous one have shown me just how terrible your contractors and customer service has become, I would caution anybody contemplating doing business with your company

sheila east

User's recommendation: find another warranty company.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

American Home Shield Pros: There are no pros.

American Home Shield Cons: Poorest customer service ever, Plumbing or appliance companies currently used.

Comments