I called for AC service as the house wasn't getting colder even with the AC running non-stop. The contractor said the compressor needs to be changed.

When I followed up with AHS, they told they cover the compressor but I need 12 lbs Freon which they cover $10 per and I need to pay $1020 for the rest of Freon. Evidently, it is in the contract only $10 per lb is paid but paying $10 if the cost is $20 vs $100 is a big difference. Why would their brochures not mention anything like this? Truth in advertising?

Buyer beware? I was expecting something better than this fro AHS!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Air Conditioner Warranty.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Westford, Massachusetts, United States #1204439

As I heard from someone that 12lbs of Freon is 'good enough for the whole neighborhood', I spoke to the contractor that came to my house to understand. Evidently, my compressor had broken (and AHS covers for that). However, when the contractor need to take out all Freon, the compressor and recharge anew (not allowed to reuse what ever he takes out).And the kicker is AHS pays only $10 for what costs upwards of $100.

Fairfax, Virginia, United States #1202579

Ran into similar issue. I had to pay for 5 pounds.

Also, my oven has been broken for 2 months. They have placed an order to make the circuit board since the manufacturer no longer makes them. I want to put the house on the market.

The contract says, they are not liable for any delays in parts. I hate AHS!!!