Verified Reviewer

1.2

Last month, I had a plumbing problem with my hot water heater. It wasn't the hot water heater itself but a pipe and a expansion tank.

I had called AHS for service they charge $75 upfront. The plumber came late in the afternoon and was fixed within 20 minutes. The bill was for $354. I question why and the plumber stated you have to take it up with AHS.

Therefore, I called they were not helpful and stated the repairs weren't under contract. Whereas, I stated cancelled my policy (which I had to speak with three reps in order to get someone who could do it) that service rep sent an email stating my refund would be credit to my charge care within five days(date Dec 4); however, as of this date, Dec. 15 still haven't received it yet. I had called and was on the phone for over 40 minutes and didn't resolve my issue.

In addition, they charged $46.09 for a cancellation fee.

I had paid $626 for insurance. I got ripped off big time.

User's recommendation: Don't do business with this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: American Home Shield Protection Plan.

Preferred solution: Would like my refund as stated in email..

American Home Shield Cons: Customer ser, Withholds owed reimbursements, Customer service reimbursements held.

Comments